Apliquick Starter Kit: Apliquick Rods, 2 Apliquick Pencils, 1 Yd Apliquick Stabilizer, 1 Glue Stick
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED for turned edge applique –
- Use the FABRIC MARKERS (2 pencils) to draw your applique shape on the FUSIBLE STABILIZER;
- cut out the shape
- fuse it to your fabric and trim;
- apply the FABRIC GLUE to the edge of the shape then used the APLIQUICK RODS to easily fold over the edges of the shape cut the design
- IMPROVED DESIGN OF RODS - The Apliquick Rods include a pronged rod to hold the appliqué piece steady and a pointed rod to turn the fabric over the stabilizer and press it in place. The thickness of the pointed rod is reduced at each end of the Apliquick rod, making it easier and more comfortable to hold the rod; allows you to better manage your applique project; the previous design of the rods included both rods that were the same thickness
- SIMPLE DESIGN of these applique sewing tools: the Apliquick Rods include a pronged rod to hold the appliqué piece steady and a pointed rod to turn the fabric over the stabilizer and press it in place
- SOFT-LEAD PENCILS are designed for use on the fabric and won’t tear your stabilizer as you draw. There are 2 Apliquick Pencils included in this set.
OPTIMUM TEXTURE on the fusible stabilizer - flexible enough to be used with any fabric and enough body so the fabric edges can be folded easily with the Apliquick Rods; After washing, you won’t know it’s there. It is not water-soluble.
ACID-FREE, NON-TOXIC Avery glue stick won’t harm your fabric and is simple to apply to the edge of your fabric; easy cleanup with water. The Avery Glue Stic is a .26-ounce stick.
Apliquick Rods are a convenient size (each rod is approximately 7 ¾ inches long x 3/8 inches in diameter) to store easily with your other quilting tools or sewing tools. Made of stainless steel for durability.
Apliquick stainless steel rods are easy to use. The fork on one allows you to hold the small piece in place while the other beveled rod is used to brush the fabric over the edge of the foundation paper; use the pointed ends of your rods to flatten out any puckers or ripples so that everything lays nice and flat. Apliquick rods are amazing Apliquick tools used to help make turned edge applique for large and medium pieces; essential for miniature applique designs.
Apliquick Fusible Stabilizer
- Approximately 1 square yard - 35 3/4 inches by a generous 36 inches. It has been cut from a bolt and gently folded to include with the kit
- Recommended for use with turned edge, glue stick method of applique in combination with Apliquick Rods and other Apliquick Tools.
- Fusible on one side - easily applied to the fabric with an iron
VERY SOFT and LIGHTWEIGHT – After your project is washed, the stabilizer is so soft and lightweight you won’t feel it under the fabric. After washing, you won’t know it’s there. It is not water-soluble.